REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!
We are at T-minus 9 weeks from the start of our 2018 CJC HEAD FOR THE MOUNTAINS Concours, being held from July 12 to July 14! The weather has shifted from snow to rain and 80-90o weather! Pollen is everywhere – and you better start getting those cats ready to run!
As promised, we have more information available – and have received 6 registrations as of this writing. Particulars are below:
Please make sure to call Switzerland Inn soon to reserve your room, as they will be opening any remaining rooms up to the public in June!
We are accepting checks as payment, and as always, payment must be made prior to joining in the fun and/or entering your car for judging.
- Costs to the club have increased, so you will notice the increases in the registration.
- Your personal registration costs have been the same price for over 5 years. They have been raised to help cover the administrative supplies used for the event.
- It was previously understood the meal and the drink costs included taxes and gratuity, but we were informed they did not. The Inn has now included taxes and gratuity in the meal and drink ticket costs.
- Drink tickets can only be used at the Patio Bar cocktail hour that precedes the Friday and Saturday night dinners. They are good for one beer, one wine, or one simple cocktail. You will receive one drink ticket per person with each registration. You may pre-purchase additional drink tickets on your registration for $7 each (slightly less than our cost from the Inn).
FRIDAY DRIVE EVENT:
Jerry Ellison has graciously agreed to provide our drive destination again this year.
Those destinations should provide much enlightenment into the Mountain life in and around our beautiful state. The drive itself should prove enjoyable!
FRIDAY EVENING ENTERTAINMENT:
Ramsey Potts of RM Auctions/Sotheby’s ( https://www.rmsothebys.com/ ) has agreed to spend Friday evening with us, explaining some of the finer details of auctions. He has also promised some fun tales of adventure. We are so delighted to have him join!
I think everyone enjoyed our movie last year, so we’ll be showing another one this year! Let us know what movie you’d like to see – last year we watched The Italian Job. Email us at CarolinaJagMan@carolina.rr.com with your favorite movie title. Popcorn will be available! The CONCOURS Itself – Saturday, July 14:
As in past years, the plan is to park the Judged cars on the grass behind the Restaurant, and the Display cars behind the Inn. Our Field Team will begin escorting cars to their appointed positions on Saturday at 08:00am. There will be no parking on the field prior to Saturday 8am. And all cars must be escorted – both Judged and Display.
Our Concours has become very popular to surrounding car clubs and enthusiasts. Because we are dedicated to the safety of our people, the Inn’s property, and our vehicles, and based upon our experiences over the past 4 years, we will be limiting the number of Judged vehicles on the grass field to 30 (same as last year), and the Display vehicles on the grass field to 10. Of course, using the grass area is always subject to weather and at the Inn’s discretion.
Luckily, this does not limit the number of vehicles to be judged or displayed!
Overflow (or inclement weather) parking for Judged vehicles will be in the parking lot nearest the tennis court; overflow (or inclement weather) parking for Display vehicles will be in the parking lot nearest Geneva Hall.
Barbara Ann Caudill and Colleen Lloyd-Roberts have volunteered to lead the Silent Auction, which is one of the most enjoyable events all weekend! Their team will set up the auction items in the Inn’s Great Room. Your mission? To bid on items you could not bear to leave without. Write your name and bid amount on the associated form, then come back multiple times to assure yours is still the highest bid. Then after the Awards presentation, find out if you’ve won your selected items! Payments will again be accepted via cash, check or credit card. Also – why not do a little Spring cleaning and donate a few items to the cause? Contact Barbara Ann or Colleen if you can volunteer or if you have items to donate.
We need your help. Putting on this event is a TEAM sport. We simply cannot make this work without YOU. When we say “you”, we literally mean EVERY ONE of YOU. Giving 2 hours of your 57 hours to help out should be a no-brainer. If everyone gives some, no one is required to give all. Make it enjoyable for all by doing your part. Email us at CarolinaJagMan@carolina.rr.com today with your preference.
Those positions highlighted in YELLOW are most critical at this writing.
- 2019 Concours Chairperson – STILL OPEN
As previously mentioned, this is our last year of chairing this event. During the transition from Gregg Gaylard to us, we shadowed him for an entire year before taking on the responsibilities altogether. We are looking for someone to begin working with us now to understand fully the ins and outs of the position. Please contact us with your interest at CarolinaJagMan@carolina.rr.com .
- Registration / Welcome Committee – short 2-hour shifts of 1-2 people each would be awesome.
- Thursday 3-5pm – Don and Peggy Koepnick / Kevin and Nancy Willis
- Friday 9-11am – Mary Ann Thomas
- Friday 1-3pm
- Friday 3-5pm – Ferman Wardell
- Saturday 8-10am – Margaret Bingham
- Field Masters
- Setup/Layout the Field – Friday 3-5pm – Steve Thomas + Diane and Scott DuFour
- Parking the Judged and Display Cars – Saturday 8-10am – Bill Bingham + 3 more
- Awards Presentation Leader – Richard Lloyd-Roberts
- Photographers – open to everyone to participate
- Informal photos, taken of folks having fun, emailed/shared with Awards Presentation Leader
- Formal photos, taken of all judged vehicles with owners, for the formal Awards Presentation
- Judges / Runners / Scorers / Scrutineers
- Please contact EDDIE HOWEY directly for these positions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Judges training was held at the March CJC meeting
- Silent Auction (led by Barbara Ann Caudill and Colleen Lloyd-Roberts)
- The team will need both volunteers and donations!
- Reminder that this is our main fund-raising effort for our end-of-year donation to USO of NC
- We try to keep the pricing reasonable for attendees
- We look to our Sponsors and Advertisers, amongst others, to help offset costs
- Cocktail party / drink sponsors
- Silent Auction donations
- Raffle sponsorship
We appreciate your continued interest and support of the Carolina Jaguar Club’s Annual Concours. The USO of North Carolina appreciates our yearly donation. And we all appreciate the ability to spend quality time with friends old and new, in a most wonderful location. Looking forward to July – when we Head to the Mountains!